Datos personales

miércoles, 23 de enero de 2008

Today we visited real alcazar. It was amazing. The old palace where the kings of Spain lived is located right next to my house, by the cathedral. The influence of the Muslim Arabs that once ruled Spain are apparent with the geometric tiles and ancient writings. We saw room after room with high ceilings some were colored wood that were carved in to beautiful designs in hexagon shapes. The main room of the palace was where the public would go to see the king. This room was so ornate that every detail was magnificent. The main color was gold to show how much power the king had. The more decorated it was, the more power it showed. The square shape of the room represents the earth and the dome ceiling represents the universe to the Arabs. The catholic kings were all painted around the top of the room. Another thing that was amazing was the baths. The reflection of the arched gothic like style on the still pool was breathtaking. I thought that it couldn’t get any more beautiful… then it did. The gardens of real alcazar are like a fairy tale. I felt like I had traveled back in time to the 16th century and I was a Spanish princess flitting about the trees, the shaped shrubs, countless fountains, and pools with ducks and koi swimming in them. There are orange a lemon trees through out the massive gardens as well as giant trees that go on for miles. In the back of one section of the garden was the maze. Since I’m short, it was as if I was a child running around in there because I couldn’t see over the top of the shrub like most of my classmates. We played tag and got sort of lost, but I felt like Alice in Alice in wonderland. I never wanted to leave. I wanted to sit in the sun on one of the patios next to a fountain and read a book. The most surprising thing of all about these gardens is that they are located smack dab in the middle of the city of Sevilla. Blocked completely out by the huge castle walls its like entering a secret garden, one where no one bad can enter. I realized as I left that it is free for me to enter this wonderland because of my ISIC card, and I plan to return to study and just live in the gardens.

No hay comentarios: